Once again Dr. V. at Pawcurious had a great idea for bloggers – write a post with your top 10 post of 2010.
It was so fun to go back and look through my blogs and see how things changed and progressed over the year.
My Tail Hurts From Wagging So Much started out as a joke, but it turned into so much more, has given me some awesome opportunities and allowed me to meet some really amazing people! I can’t wait to see what 2011 brings.
Without anymore delay, here are my top 10 blogs of 2010! To read them, click on the title before the description.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. 🙂
10. Snowy Puppy – This was my very first blog post, so without this one there would be no My Tail Hurts From Wagging So Much.
9. Throwing the Toby in the Snow – We got a really big snow storm in February that happen to fall on my day off, so I got the chance to play with Toby in the snow, throw his Kong and really just have an all around good time. This post has a video of my day throwing Toby into a pile of snow and Toby keeps going back for more.
8. Signature Pet Car Seat/Carrier Review – This was our very first product review and it was a disaster! Toby ate through the zipper of the carrier and I was completely embarrassed when I had to tell the woman from the company about it.
7. PetSmart’s BlogPaws Gift That Keeps Giving – Getting a comfortable and large pet bed when we checked into the hotel in Ohio for BlogPaws, was a great surprise. But, what was even better was walking into the banquet room and seeing all those dog beds being donated to a local shelter so the pups there would have something to lie on while waiting for their forever homes!
6. For the Love of Tears at BlogPaws – There are really no words for this post. If you read it, or experience Dr. V reading the letter written by a guy whose job it is to gas animals at a shelter, you will see why it’s on this list.
5. Give Small a Chance – ‘Give Small a Chance’ was one of the slogans on the shirts we got from Cesar Canine Cuisine, when they sponsored me for BlogPaws in Denver, and as soon as I saw it I cracked up, because it fits me and Toby perfectly.
4. Blog the Change for Animals Featuring Operation Blankets of Love – Thinking about all those dogs in shelters on cold, hard floors or in plastic crates trying to sleep breaks my heart, and this California-based organization collects blankets, and other pet products, for them.
3. Emergency Vet Hospital: Our First Visit – Although the situation I was writing about completely sucked, it was the best way to deal with what was going on. It was also the first thing I ever wrote that was featured on the front page of BlogHer.
2. Why I’m Thankful on Thanksgiving – Toby’s Take – I rarely blog in Toby’s voice, but I thought this would be fun to do on Thanksgiving. I was so humbled and taken back by the comments and nice things our readers had to say about it, especially one comment where a reader said how glad they were Toby ended up with me, because if not, he wouldn’t have touched so many lives. Needless to say there were immediate tears as soon as I read that.
1. Blogathon: Dog Treats – Every post during the 24-hour charity blogathon meant a lot because we were all working together across the country to raise money for an amazing cause. But, this post was the perfect example of why I love my sorority sisters. When the blogathon landed on the same weekend as an alumnae retreat at my house, they didn’t scoff at the situation, but instead totally got intoit and supported me and my crazy idea of making dog treats and streaming it live over the Internet. I heart them!
Bonus favorite post! It’s 4 a.m. Do You Know Where Your Dog is? – It was 4 a.m. during the Blogathon and I was starting to get a little silly. And, well, this post talking about our pals at Help Joey’s mission to stop animals from having sex proves I was getting tired, and thought this was a hysterical comparison.